May 8, 2019
10896W Town Hall Rd.
TOWN OF SPIDER LAKE MONTHLY TOWN BOARD MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of Spider Lake Board of Supervisors will hold its Monthly Town Board Meeting on May 8, 2019 commencing at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Agenda is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Minutes: TBM 4/10/19 and acceptance of PRC minutes 4/3/19
5. Treasurer’s Report
7. Clerk’s Report
Reminder BOR adjournment meeting 5-15-19 at 5:00 PM
Dates for Open Book & Board of Review
Approval of Notification of General Records Schedule Adoption
8. Board Meetings and Organization
Contact the Clerk and ask her to ask the Chair to place an item on the agenda. Desired action of the Board, though not required, is best expressed in resolution form to avoid confusion. Anyone may ask that the Board take up a matter.
Unless the Board objects, the Chair intends to allow participation by the public, subject to reasonable time limits, and to limit public participation as may be appropriate to maintain order.
The Chair as a member of the Board has the same rights as a supervisor with regard to voting. The Chair may offer motions, second motions, and participate in deliberations.
The Chair will not appoint ad hoc committees at this time. Instead, the following Board Members agree to gather information for the purpose of action by the entire Board in the following areas: George Brandt – trash and recycling; Pete Huot – health and safety, fire department, insurance; Stephanie Martin – finance; Mike Lemminger – buildings and facilities. In addition, Mike Wheeler has agreed to act as consultant with respect to road matters. Any Board Member may act individually in these capacities on any subject.
9. Plan & Review Commission Appointments: Bobbi Huot (Chairperson, 5-8-19/5-7-22), Jonathan Parr (5-8-19/5-7-22)
10. Request for Permission to Use Town Roads for Chequamegon 100 Mountain Bike Race on June 15, 2019
11. Approval of Town Annual Website Maintenance Contract
12. Brandt: Resolution 2019-03 to Allow the Teal, Lost Land & Ghost Lakes Improvement Assoc. to Surface Dispose Mechanically Harvested Hybrid Eurasian Water Milfoil & Other Aquatic Plants at the Township’s 40 Acre Site on Trappe Rd.
13. Brandt: Discussion & Possible Action that the Town will Take for Disposal at No Charge Plastic Bags of Yellow Flag Iris Collected by the SCLA. This Approval will Automatically Renew Annually Unless Revoked by the Majority of the Town Board.
14. Plan & Review Commission Report
• Conditional Use Permit: Owner – Timothy Hyde & Laura Inda, – NE ¼ of the NE ¼ of Section 29, T. 42 N., R. 7 W. Parcel # 028-742-29-1207. Building a Vacation Cabin on Vacant Land Currently Zoned A1.
• Zoning Administrator Report
• Approval of Metallic Mining Ordinance and Swift CUP by County
• Recommendation to Town Board Regarding County’s Request to Change Section 4.26 and Section 4.211 of County Zoning
Motion to approve proposed amendments to the Sawyer County Zoning Ordinance
Regarding 4.211 Accessory Structure Exemptions for the May 17, 2019 Zoning
Motion to Approve Proposed Amendments to the Sawyer County Zoning
Ordinance Regarding 4.26 Accessory Structure Exemptions for the May 17, 2019
Zoning Committee Meeting
Resolved, that Sections 11, 13, 14, 17 and 18 of the Town of Spider Lake Land Use
Ordinance be Referred to the Plan & Review Commission for Recommendations as to
Update, Amendment or Repeal in Fairness to Residents and to Conform to Chapter
NR 115 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code
15. Mike Lemminger: Discussion of Proposed Amendments to Ordinance #01-01 (ATV) that would Allow a Resident to Access a Designated Road or Trail Directly From His or Her Residence and to Allow Users of Designated Trails or Roads to Access Commercial Establishments from Designated Trails or Roads
16. Approval to Allow SCLA Plant Pick-Up at the Town Hall Building June 8th from 9 am to noon
17. Health and Safety
• Lee Nelson: Fire Department Information Update
• Setting Dates for Spring Brush Collection
• Request for Temporary Class “B” Picnic License for Fire Dept. Picnic on July 7th
• Don Fogal: Road Information Update
• Update Regarding USFS Work Plans for Upper A
• Discussion & Possible Action Regarding USFS Contract for FR 336 (Mathey Rd)
• Report on USFS Meeting 5-1-19
• Status of Town Hall Project
19. Solid Waste
Setting Prices for White Goods, Electronics & TV’s
20. Questions from Audience & Other Matters for Discussion Purposes Only
Posted this 4th day of May, 2019
Christine Ferda, Town Clerk