May 9, 2018
10896W Town Hall Rd.
TOWN OF SPIDER LAKE MONTHLY TOWN BOARD MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of Spider Lake Board of Supervisors will hold its Monthly Town Board Meeting on May 9, 2018 commencing immediately after the Board of Review Meeting at 7:00 P.M. at the Town Hall.
Agenda is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of the Agenda
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Minutes: TBM 4/11/18, Road Committee 4/24/18, PRC 4/4/18 Public Hearing (as amended) and PRC 4/4/18 Meeting
5. Treasurer’s Report
7. PRC Reappointments: Case Mazik 5/12/18 to 5/12/21; Prudence Ross 5/21/18 to 5/21/21; Alternate David Thearin 5/12/18 to 5/12/21
8. Board of Review Alternate Reappointment: Richard Thearin 5/12/18 to 5/12/21
9. Board of Appeals Reappointments: Judy Clifton, Jan Beatty and Jim Nickel 5/12/18 to 5/12/21
10. Request for Permission to Use Town Roads for Chequamegon 100 Mountain Bike race to be held on June 16, 2018.
11. Approval of Town Annual Website Maintenance Contract
12. Discussion and Possible Action on Implementation of Room Tax
13. Motion to Rescind and Replace the Short Term Rental Ordinance (Tabled from April Town Board Meeting)
14. Plan & Review Commission Report
• Action on Recommendation of Plan Commission to grant and Conditional Use Permit (subject to conditions) to Repair Existing Boat Launch Ramp so it is Available to Boaters While the Landing Camp Boat Access is Under Reconstruction by the WDNR—Owner Totem Pole Lodge Condominium Association—Ralph Hlavin Owner
• Zoning Administrator’s Report
• Work on Town Comprehensive Plan Update
15. Committee Reports
• Report on Road Committee Meetings on 4/24/18, 5/7/18 and possible action on Town Hall Road Project and Gravel Proposal
• Equipment Status
• Update Regarding USFS Work Plans for Upper A
Health and Safety
• Fire Department Report
• Continued Discussion With Round Lake re Communications
• Setting Dates for Spring Brush Collection
• Discussion and Possible Action on Expansion of Collection Site to Accommodate
Additional Dumpsters for Solid Waste and Recyclables
Insurance and Finance
• 2017 Worker’s Comp Audit (resulting in additional $1,205.00 premium)
16. Clerk’s Report
• Other Correspondence
• Dates for BOR and Open Book
17. Questions from Audience and Other Matters for Discussion Purposes Only
18. Adjourn to Executive Session in accordance with Wisconsin Statute Section 19.85
The Town of Spider Lake Board of Supervisors may entertain a motion to move in and out of Executive Session pursuant to:
1. §19.85(1)(g) Conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to a claim by Jump River Electric relating to alleged damage by the town to equipment.
2. §19.85(1)(g) Conferring with legal counsel for the governmental body who is rendering oral or written advice concerning strategy to be adopted by the body with respect to litigation in which it is or is likely to become involved re Notice of Claim received from Wheeler, Van Sickle & Anderson, S.C.
3. Reconvene in Open Session to act on any items from the Executive Session of necessary and to proceed with any other items on the agenda.
Posted this 7th day of May 2018
Brian S. Hucker for Christine Ferda, Town Clerk
Click the link below to download the agenda as a PDF