June 14, 2018
10896W Town Hall Rd., Hayward, WI 54843
TOWN OF SPIDER LAKE BOARD OF REVIEW MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of Spider Lake Board will hold its Board of Review Meeting June 14, 2018 commencing at 3:00 P.M. (must be in session a minimum of 2 hours) at the Town Hall.
Agenda is as follows:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Confirmation of appropriate Board of Review and Open Meetings notices
4. Select a Chairperson for Board of Review
5. Select a Vice-Chairperson for Board of Review.
6. Verify that a member has met the mandatory training requirements
7. Verify that the Town has an ordinance for the confidentiality of income and expense information provided to the assessor under state law (sec.70.47(af).
8. Review of existing Board of Review policies
9. Filing and summary of Annual Assessment Report by Assessor’s Office
10. Receipt of the Assessment Roll by clerk from the Assessor
11. Receive the Assessment Roll and sworn statements from the clerk
12. Review the Assessment Roll and Perform Statutory Duties:
a. Examine the roll
b. Correct description or calculation errors
c. Add omitted property
d. Eliminate double assessed property.
13. Discussion/Action – Certify all corrections of error under state law (sec. 70.43, Wis Stats.)
14. Discussion/Action – Verify with the assessor that open book changes are included in the assessment roll.
15. Allow taxpayers to examine assessment data
16. During the first two hours, consideration of:
a. Waivers of the required 48-hour notice of intent to file an objection when there is good cause
b. Requests for waiver of the BOR hearing allowing the property owner an appeal directly to circuit court
c. Requests to testify by telephone or submit sworn written statement
d. Subpoena requests
e. Act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review matters
17. Review Notices of Intent to File Objection
18. Proceed to hear objections, if any and if proper notice/waivers given unless scheduled for another date
19. Consider/act on scheduling additional Board of Review Date(s)
20. Adjourn (to future date if necessary)
Posted this 12th day of May, 2018
Click the link below to download the agenda as a PDF